Happy Pancake Tuesday!
How Harry Potter Changed our lives
It was only a matter of time until we dedicate a blog post to the amazing Harry Potter. In Summer 1997, J.K Rowling released Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and the franchise was born and Wendy and Jill became obsessed.
BTW, if you want to find out which Hogwart’s House you belong to, try this cool quiz:
(Before I begin, I’m a Gryffindor!)
I remember the exact moment when I first discovered Harry Potter. I was in Primary school, Year 7 and near the end of Summer our form teacher would always read us chapters from random books. One afternoon, we all sat around our teacher and he told us about a book he recently discovered and told us how much he enjoyed it and would read it to us, this book, yes was Harry Potter. I clearly remember being absolutely enthralled in the story and was wanting to hear more and more but unfortunately before the teacher could finished reading us the book, our School year was over :(
My parents gave me 50p a week as pocket money and the Harry Potter cost £4.99, you do the math. From the moment I owe the books, I never went back!
I could babble on and talk your mouth off about how amazing the series of books but I’m going to summarise to our normal bullet points, so here goes:
- Harry Potter was a little shit but a very brave little shit. Of course all you Harry fans are probably outraged that I called him a little shit but I stand by my words. Anyways, I learnt that even though you are useless, as long as you have friends, you can be brave and achieve anything.
- Never underestimate the Gingers
- I must never tell lies.
- Harry Potter taught us the value of friendship, because lets face it, without Hermione, Harry Potter wouldn’t have survived.
- I’ve learnt that ‘the ones that loves us, never really leaves us’
- Lastly, the word ‘Always’ will have a special place in my heart
(I got Gryffindor too, despite being convinced I’d be in Hufflepuff)
I can remember my English teacher going on and on about this new book “Harry Potter”, no one in my class had heard of it yet (so hard to believe that there was ever a time that people didn’t know who Harry Potter was) but my teacher was insistent that it was so amazing we had to give it a go. She was right, It was mesmerizing and I was instantly hooked. My Granny bought me the second and third books and my love of this story just grew and grew, each book was just as enthralling as the last. The excitement and anticipation for each new Harry Potter story was immense.
Just like Wendy I could go on and on about my love of these books but I have whittled it down to a few bullet points:
- You don’t have to be in The Beatles to rock the round glasses look.
- Scars can run deeper than people might realise.
- Your true friends will stick by you through thick and thin, whether it’s a bad hair day or the most evil wizard of all time is after your blood.
- Never underestimate how strong love can be and don’t judge a man by his surly demeanour or lack of shampoo….Snape!
And here’s a joke to end on a good note:
How many Harry Potters does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
One - he holds it and the world revolves around him.
I’m so so sorry. (I’m not sorry. I’m hilarious.)
i spit out my coffee
Yes. Perfect. Flawless execution
THE PUN. Oh gosh
How to eat Cake
It’s my (Wendy) birthday today and I’ve been eating a lot of cake:
Yes, it finally happened, I’ve my foot into Club 27 and letting depression sink in, so I’m making myself happy by eating lots of cake. Apparently there are many different types of cake that you could eat. You can have chocolate, double cream, vanilla and even toffee, fudge cake! Sometimes, life only allows you to eat one type of cake but I want to have THAT cake and eat the other cake too. I’m just that greedy. Don’t let other people define what cake you want to eat. You go eat whatever cake you want to.
If this post does not make sense, that is okay because, when do we ever make sense? So, moral of the story, EAT YOUR DAMN CAKE ;)
Over and out
I got Dior perfume today, I will smell like Natalie Portman <3
Author’s Note: Hello! Welcome to our 3rd chapter of Change Your Heart. Jill is having trouble with editing posts within Tumblr so Wendy has force her to start using Google Docs, so voila! Here you go, completely written by us and beta’d by Tiny Human Crystal. Many thanks to all who are still…
Opinions are like nipples, everyone has one
"I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission. I suffered for years because I was scared to be out. My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered. And I’m standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of all that pain. I am young, yes, but what I have learned is that love, the beauty of it, the joy of it and yes, even the pain of it, is the most incredible gift to give and to receive as a human being. And we deserve to experience love fully, equally, without shame and without compromise." - Ellen Page
Just another reason why I love Ellen Page :)
Wendy from Wendy and Jill will be braving the hot flames by doing a charity firewalk on April 26th for The Cedar Foundation charity. This cause helps people with disabilities in Northern Ireland and is a very worthy cause. So folks, please dig deep and help us it’ll make me a very happy person!
The Importance of your V-Card
Wendy and Jill wishes you a Happy Valentine’s Day because we feel like we need to. We don’t necessary celebrate it but society kinda has an influence over us all so, instead of you being depressed because you are single or depressed for the fact you are pressured into buying that someone special OR you want your crush to notice you, just remember, WENDY AND JILL LOVES YOU and its all you need ;)
We also want to list the absolute important things you need to remember when you give that someone special your V-Card.
- No-one should expect you to give your V-card willy-nilly, you have to be patient
- Make sure that person is special before you give that V-Card
- Work it, baby
- Once you give away your V-Card, you can’t have it back - remember that
- Enjoy yourself ;)
On a side note, Wendy did a match maker test thingy on Facebook and Jill was her perfect match, but Wendy wasn’t her. Wendy is heartbroken </3 :(
Jill would like to point out that Wendy knows Jill loves her, so much so that she is willing to talk about herself in the third person on Tumblr even though she never does it any other time.
Ok so important things to remember:
- Choose someone special, don’t give your card to any Tom, Dick or Harry.
- Don’t pay attention to Hollywood movies, they very rarely depict card giving in a realistic manner, spelling mistakes and all.
- It is your prerogative to change your mind about who you give your card to at any point.
- Be adventurous.