Stunning photos of the “supermoon”
People around the world last night were witness to the same “supermoon”, the biggest full moon of the year.
The moon was at its biggest at 02:00 BJT in China, drawing many locals from their beds to take creative and stunning photos.
As one of the most anticipated astronomical phenomenons, the mega sized moon only appears when a full moon coincides with its closest approach to the earth. At it’s closest point, the moon is only 356,000 kilometers from the Earth.
The “supermoon” only happens once every 14 months. So if you’ve missed this one you’ll have to wait until September next year.
Your character falls into the “friend zone” - Is this primarily a man’s problem, or are women put in the friend zone as well? x
Ten rape prevention tips:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her.
Studio Ghibli | 1985 - 2014
After recent rumors of Studio Ghibli closing their animation department and the low box office numbers for When Marnie Was There, it was time to make an appreciation post for a company that has created true movie magic again and again. So, thank you, Studio Ghibli. Hopefully it isn’t good-bye just yet.Studio Ghibli is no longer producing animated films. So here’s to you, Ghibli, and everything you’ve given us.
Incredibly sad day :( I love you Studio Ghibli!
isn’t there a part of the bible where god gets mad at a fig tree for not having any figs on it and curses the fig tree?
yeah there legit is that’s 100% true
Oh my god
Read with Wendy - Speed edition
Hello? Hello. Wendy here and welcome to another edition of “Read with Wendy!” I’m hoping you can read because, let’s be honest, if you can’t read then why the hell are you on this blog? Better? Right okay! Before I begin, I wish to express apologies to, whoever reads our crap, that Jill and I aren’t posting as regularly because for some reason, Jill can’t edit or create new blogs. She can’t even re-blog! Which is very strange because I can do all those things and we both use the same account. It is very unusual and we are hoping to get it fixed so Jill can be her lovely self on Tumblr and celebrate like this:
Added to that, she doesn’t have the Internet. What the Effy, right?
Okay, let’s move on!
I have read quite a few books in my lifetime and unfortunately I don’t review each book as much as I want to. So, for this Speed Edition, I will review a list of books in 50 words or less ;) I like a challenge!
The Princess Diaries (Books 1-10) by Meg Cabot
An ordinary, High Schooler discovers she’s the only heir to a small country in Europe, therefore, becomes a Princess. Hates algebra and has a fat cat. In love with her best friend’s brother and has teenager problems. Oh and it’s hilarious. Don’t watch the movie, it’ll spoil the books.
Flowers in the Attic by Virginia Andrews
Father dies leaving 4 kids and wife to deal. Move to grandparents who hates the kids. Mother sneaks them into the attic of their wealthy mansion. Kids grow up in attic, locked up and abandoned by mother. Abuse, incest and heart wrenchingly sad, storyline. Recommend.
The Fault In Our Stars - John Green
Love story with Cancer on the side but that cancer itself doesn’t define them. Lots of lovely life quotes, smushy love & tragedy. Tearjerker. Absolute love. Go & read now, okay? Okay.
Yours Truly by Kirsty Greenwood
Girl is seen as a pushover, gets accidentally hypnotized which results her to blurt out whatever is in her mind. She can’t stop. Hilarity ensues. Her fiancée is weirded out and she tries to hunt the hypnotist to undo whatever he did to her. This book is so much fun!
The Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Guy only dates girls with the name Katherine. Spelt with K not a C. Journey to self-discovery after Katherine, the love of his life dumps him. Travels with his best friend for an adventure. Quirky, wonderfully written book. John Green redefines Young Adult books.
There, 5 books described in a synopsis of 50 words or less. I love reading and I have more books to review and more books to read, so keep your eyes peeled for more reviews!